- You miss some of the best waves if you are always waiting for a better one.
- Some things that look intimidating from a distance aren't so bad close up.
- Share the waves or stay on the beach.
- Everyone gets wiped out.
- If you fall off, there's always another wave coming along.
- Sometimes just as you think you are on top, you get knocked down.
- Not everyone that looks cool knows what they are doing.
- The best waves are the ones that take you all the way home.
- Nothing beats riding a wave.
- Nothing beats riding a wave with someone you love.
Monday, 18 August 2014
10 life lessons from the sea
Maybe it's because I've had a full two-weeks holiday for the first time in seven years, or maybe it's because I was born and bred in a seaside town and crashing waves still speak to my soul. Whatever the reason, my recent trip to the coast brought out my inner philosopher and while I was out enjoying the surf I couldn't help but mull over what life lessons the sea can teach us. This is what I came up with...